Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to Link an Object in PDF to the Same Object in AutoCAD Drawing?  (Read 58 times)

jayc

I am trying to see if we can use Bluebeam to mark up a PDF file to indicate the status of some specific objects in the PDF file.  For example, we may want to put a blue dot on an object to indicate that we have fabricated it, and we may want to put a green dot on another object to indicate that we have installed the object in the job site.  The PDF file is generated from an AutoCAD drawing.  We want to know which objects exactly in the PDF have been marked with those blue dots and green dots, and then use that information to update the object status in the AutoCAD drawing.  That is the goal.

Here, I want to know if we can export the information about the objects that have been marked with blue dots and green dots.  I don't know exactly what kind of information that Bluebeam can export.  I am wondering if it can export the X,Y-coordinates of the blue dots and green dots, and then I can use the X,Y-coordinates to figure out which objects in the AutoCAD drawing have been marked.  Or may be Bluebeam can export more than the X,Y-coordinates and can tell me the details of the objects that are marked (a hidden ID or something).

Currently we have already had a system like this up and running for years.  But the existing system uses Teighai Viewer as a mark-up tool.  But Teighai Viewer has not been updated for quite a long while.  We want to look for a replacement before Teighai Viewer stops working.  People tell me that Bluebeam is a great markup tool.  I want to know if I can use it to accomplish what I want to do, and if it has a better way to do the same thing.

Please let me know.  Thanks.

jayc

Bluebeam And Burgers

• Troy DeGroot
    • Bluebeam And Burgers
Re: How to Link an Object in PDF to the Same Object in AutoCAD Drawing?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 10:48:29 am »

If I understand your goal correctly, you can create a dot markup to place next to all the parts on the PDF.  Then you would want to create custom Statuses in the markups list below.  These Statuses can have custom colors as you have described.  Transferring the information to AutoCAD is going to be a manual process, but you can track them in Bluebeam.  The Markups List can also be sorted, filtered, and exported to Excel, HTML or a PDF report. If you are looking for a list of what hasn't be fabricated or installed yet, you simply filter the Markup List by those statuses. Hope that helps!
Check out some free resources for tips, tricks and custom workflows.
Click here to Subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/c/BluebeamAndBurgers?sub_confirmation=1
Visit my blog: www.bluebeamandburgers.com
Connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/troydegroot