Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Table of Contents Hyperlinks  (Read 1278 times)

rpester

Table of Contents Hyperlinks
« on: April 12, 2019, 02:18:46 pm »

I am embedding table of contents in several equipment submittal documents, and I would like to know if there is a faster method than what I'm doing now. I have Revu Extreme 2017 btw.

Currently I make bookmarks at all the pages that I want to link to in the table of contents. Then I export a bookmark summary with hyperlinks and add the page or copy the page into my submittal document. Unfortunately the bookmark summary exports with hyperlinks that are absolute links, and I need them to be relative so I manually go through every hyperlink on this bookmark summary to make it relative. This can take awhile if the document is very long. My hyperlink preferences are already set to relative but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Does anyone have ideas on how to improve this process? Thanks for your help!

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
Re: Table of Contents Hyperlinks
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2019, 02:29:38 pm »

Does this help any?

https://support.bluebeam.com/articles/tableofcontentsrevu2016-5/

Specifically, the "old" way they talk about using page labels.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 02:31:12 pm by Steve »
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp

rpester

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2019, 03:49:25 pm »

Thanks for the link; it worked! I found this before but didn't follow it exactly.

I didn't try the old way with page labels. Instead I first tried the new method under "To do this:" and I followed the instructions exactly. I tried this before but this time I used the insert pages function as it described and it worked like a champ. I did have to fix one hyperlink for the bookmark summary page itself (because I had a link for that page and removed the old summary after inserting), but all the other links came in as relative links and worked great. Much better than before. Thank you.

I previously did most of these steps but after creating the bookmark summary I didn't use the insert pages function. Instead I would either use the replace page function or simply copy the bookmark summary page and paste it into my document and then the links came in as absolute links. Strange why one would work and the other not.

Thanks Steve

Steve

• Administrator
    • RevuHelp
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2019, 04:04:32 pm »

Glad it worked out for you.  When we started out using Revu over two years ago, they wouldn't buy me eXtreme, so we had no Batch Link function.  So I would go through drawing sets (sometimes over 200 drawings in a set) manually adding all those links.  Finally my complaining was heard (and they saw the hours they were paying for on something that could be done in 90 seconds) and they bought a copy of eXtreme for me to use.
Steve Jones
RevuHelp Forum Admin
steve@revuhelp.com
www.revuhelp.com
www.facebook.com/RevuHelp